Friday, March 7, 2014

A day in my shoes

Sorry I have not been blogging a lot but this place seems to keep me rather busy.  April one of our babies got reunited with her family so the total baby count is down to 9. :(  Of the remaining babies David has the measles so consequently Zion and Anna the two tiny ones have gone to stay at the volunteer coordinators home.  So really I have 6 babies in the nursery right now~!

My day starts at 7:30 and I get the babies up, diapered, changed and then feed them their bottles.  We then have play time until 9 when we change their diapers and put them down for a nap.
10:30 up from nap, change diapers and then we start with bath time.  This can so be so fun for some of the babies, and so challenging for others!  
11:00 all the babies have a bottle, then play time until 12:30
12:30 All the babies eat.  The smaller ones we feed, the 1 yr olds try to feed themselves.  They make a huge mess but it's great that they are gaining independence. They have quite a variety of meals, mashed potatoes, carrots, mashed sweet potato, bananas, avocado, g nut sauce, corn posho, pumpkin.. the list goes on.
Then we give the babies a wipe down, re diaper them and it's off for a nap.. (time for us to clean the floor and the highchairs..
The little babies sleep from 1-3
The big babies sleep 2-4
I get break from 1-4
3:00 little babies take a bottle
4:00 I get the big babies up change their diapers and then give them a bottle.
They we play until 6 when all the babies eat, and drink, and bathed diapered and put to bed.

That's my day... it's kind of fantastic..


Mama Esther with Jane and David

Kaity with David, Joanne and Rosie

I'm under there somewhere.. I'm a jungle gym

me and baby David he has the measles :(


4 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole: What is G nut sauce? and corn posho? Loved the pictures. You must be exhausted by the time you can get to bed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G nut sauce is like a ground peanut sauce it is corn posho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I love your picture of nicole the jungle gym :) wish I was there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you were here too ♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete